Great for patients… and great for the practice
The GPs and nurses at Parc Canol Group Practice believe they can offer all patients a better service if those who have internet access contact us via eConsult before seeking an appointment or feedback from the practice in other ways. The exceptions are minor injuries and bookings for routine blood tests, injections, immunisations and dressing appointments. What is eConsult? It is an NHS-approved ‘digital triage and patient history-taking tool’ designed to enhance patient access, improve practice efficiency and signpost patients to the right place at the right time for their care.
Examples of where eConsult can make your life easier:
- requests for letters and sick notes
- diagnosis and advice about treatment without the need for a face-to-face appointment
- opportunity for you and your doctor to plan investigations before seeing a GP – meaning one appointment rather than two
- when you are planning a trip and want advice on travel health and vaccinations c
- Contraceptive pill checks and some other long-term condition reviews Supports self-care
Medical advice is available via eConsult at any time. It includes NHS self-help information, pharmacy advice, signposting to other services and an on-line symptom checker Clinically-supported and digitally safe
eConsult was created by NHS GPs for NHS patients and is under constant review the robust ‘red flagging’ system applied to every eConsult enquiry ensures that patients with urgently worrying symptoms are directed immediately to a person-based service
eConsult uses the highest security standards to ensure patient information is always secure
Why eConsult is great for The Parc Canol Group Practice team?
- knowing a patient’s symptoms upfront helps the practice get you the help you need from the right person straight away
- gathering information in a standard format helps doctors address patient needs efficiently
- admin queries get filtered direct to the team that handles them
- And, because it saves clinician time, there is the possibility of longer appointments for patients who need them
Why eConsult is great for any patient with internet access?
- Saves you time
- save a trip to the surgery – your query may be resolved with a phone or video call, a text or email
- you avoid the need to get through on our very busy phone lines; simply click on the link – you don’t need special login details Quicker response
- you get a response by the end of the next working day (often much sooner) More convenient
- you can access eConsult wherever and whenever you want: at home, at work, on holiday or on the move.
- you can access it via a PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone.
- you complete an eConsult form at a pace that suits you. It asks the same questions that a doctor would in a consultation, but you have more time to think about your answers. You can also add pictures if appropriate.
- you can complete an eConsult query for a child in your care
Visit us on Facebook to see useful updates
Follow us on Twitter
To VIEW, PRINT or SAVE our practice booklet click on this link -
Online practice leaflet
Visit our Taff Ely cluster website - this covers a geographical group of GP practices and primary care providers in Taff Ely and provides information on how you can use these services
Parc Canol group practice
Welcome to Parc Canol group practice. With patients' needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
We work from three surgery premises; our main surgery is in Church Village and we have two branch sites in Beddau and Creigiau. All surgeries have wheelchair access and have ample parking. The practice covers Tonteg, Church Village, Llantwit Fardre, Efail Isaf, Groesfaen, Creigiau, Pentyrch and outlying farms. A map of the practice area is shown on the new patients page.
A pharmacy is located next to our Creigiau surgery. This is owned and operated separately by the partners. There is also a pharmacy outlet in our Church Village site. Patients can hand in prescriptions, which will be dispensed from our Creigiau surgery and delivered to Church Village for collection, as well as deal with medication queries and purchase a range of over-the-counter medication.
We hope you enjoy having a look around the site and familiarising yourself with some of the online features. Whatever your thoughts, be sure to let us know via our feedback function. Comments and suggestions are always a great way of helping us continue to enhance the way we look after you. We have suggestion boxes in each of our sites so please complete a suggestion card if you would like to let us know of a suggested improvement.
(Site updated 26/05/2020)