Support is available in Taff Ely for those that need it during these difficult times.
Support in the Community – COVID19
Important Repeat prescriptions update due to high volumes due to corona virus
Any repeat prescriptions will need to be ordered 7 days prior to requirement. This request must go via your nominated pharmacy and not via Parc Canol reception team. Any acute prescriptions that the GP deems necessary will be discussed with you during your consultation. Please be aware that all pharmacies are struggling with volumes at this time and please be patient.
Unfortunately at present we are not able to issue sick notes to cover absence for those having to stay at home following the public health advice on Coronavirus. We have been inundated with requests and cannot keep up with demand whilst still providing essential services to patients in need of urgent care. The government strongly advises employers to use their discretion around the need for medical evidence when someone is absent beyond 7 days as a result of the stay at home advice. We would echo this sentiment and hope that employers are empathetic and understanding to our situation. Please use the following link for a self isolation note:
Visit us on Facebook
Visit us on Twitter
To VIEW, PRINT or SAVE our practice booklet click on this link -
Online practice leaflet
Visit our Taff Ely cluster website - this covers a geographical group of GP practices and primary care providers in Taff Ely and provides information on how you can use these services
We offer eConsult to allow patients to get medical help without making an appointment or calling the practice.
We have introduced eConsult to help you get health advice online. By clicking on the most appropriate link using the 'GET STARTED' button above, you can:
- access symptom self-checking 24/7 and find medical guidance from NHS Direct
- seek advice from a pharmacy for your condition
- get administrative help (e.g. a fit note or letter from the practice)
- seek medical advice from the doctors at the practice
Please note the following important information:
- eConsult is only for patients registered at the practice
- Using eConsult is not appropriate where you need urgent medical help
- Using eConsult is also not a bypass or shortcut for requesting a routine GP appointment
- When you send an online eConsult to the practice, we will respond to you by the end of the next working day (please check your junk email folder in case the response is filed there and make sure that you give us your correct email address)
- We will be able to solve some issues via eConsult e.g. generating a prescription or fit note. Some conditions may mean that you will still need to make an appointment, in which case we will advise you
- Please note that the Common Ailments Service is available from community pharmacies which covers advice and treatment for a large range of conditions - please see further information page on this opposite. You may be able to use this service to obtain advice more quickly and easily
Parc Canol group practice
Welcome to Parc Canol group practice. With patients' needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
We work from three surgery premises; our main surgery is in Church Village and we have two branch sites in Beddau and Creigiau. All surgeries have wheelchair access and have ample parking. The practice covers Tonteg, Church Village, Llantwit Fardre, Efail Isaf, Groesfaen, Creigiau, Pentyrch and outlying farms. A map of the practice area is shown on the new patients page.
A pharmacy is located next to our Creigiau surgery. This is owned and operated separately by the partners. There is also a pharmacy outlet in our Church Village site. Patients can hand in prescriptions, which will be dispensed from our Creigiau surgery and delivered to Church Village for collection, as well as deal with medication queries and purchase a range of over-the-counter medication.
We hope you enjoy having a look around the site and familiarising yourself with some of the online features. Whatever your thoughts, be sure to let us know via our feedback function. Comments and suggestions are always a great way of helping us continue to enhance the way we look after you. We have suggestion boxes in each of our sites so please complete a suggestion card if you would like to let us know of a suggested improvement.
(Site updated 03/04/2020)